Senior Laser Technician at Daylight Solutions
June, 2020: Leonardo Daylight Solutions business provides industry-changing mid-infrared laser light technology for government and commercial markets, including: defense and security; life sciences; and industrial process control. As a mid-IR technology pioneer, Daylight Solutions has delivered more mid-IR systems to more applications world-wide than any other company.
The Manufacturing Laser Technician at DRS Daylight Solutions will be responsible for material preparation, electro-optical-mechanical assembly, laser alignment, test and calibration, along with data collection and analysis in a manufacturing environment. The candidate will also perform rework on assemblies and/or systems in response to failures and nonconformance. This position requires a self-motivated, ambitious technician with the ability to work in a busy and rapidly changing manufacturing environment
- Under some supervision, build and test electro-optical assemblies, and laser systems to meet performance specifications.
- Set-up and align optical diagnostic equipment given test requirements.
- Troubleshoot and perform problem isolation on modules and sub-assembly components.
- Collect and evaluate test and build data to ensure process control and product quality based on specific procedures and processes.
- Maintain data systems to record and report test results.
- Provide technical input and suggestions on process/procedural improvements.
- Analyze equipment performance and schedule maintenance and calibration as required.
- Utilize online databases to transact material, and review drawings and bills of material.
- Perform failure analysis and determine root cause with minimal instructions.
- Able to work extended hours if necessary.
- Maintain a professional workspace and environment.
- Must use optical, mechanical, and electrical tools and test equipment for measurement, alignment, and testing.
- AS degree or comparable level laser or optics courses is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in laser, photonics or high technology manufacturing is required.
- Previous experience with Mid-IR lasers, work at a start-up company, and/or work on new products is beneficial.
- Experience working with microscope.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
More Information you can find here.