Optical Manufacturing Production Assistant at Andover
November, 2021: An Optical Manufacturing Production Assistant will train and learn in all facets of production. Responsibilities will include knowledge and hands on training in glass fabrication, quality control and coating with expertise in one. The Operations Manufacturing Production Assistant will report into the Production Manager and assist in the day to day functioning of the floor. All training provided for the ideal candidate.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Ability to mount optical filters and a variety of materials to laps for processing.
- Ability to program and operate Haas CNC machinery and/or Speedfam polishing machinery
- Ability to hand bevel and chamfer filters as required
- Ability to clean and dewax parts post process
- Ability to use appropriate measuring equipment like calipers, micrometers and depth gauges.
- Ability to perform routine and preventative maintenance on all related equipment
- Competent operation of spectral test equipment including the Cary 5E, 500, 5000 and the Spex 1.26m Spectrophotometer
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions and work orders
- Competent operation of the Perkin Elmer 983 and FTIR Spectrophotometer
- Perform final cleaning and inspections as required
- Using the appropriate equipment ability to assess scratches, digs and other cosmetic defects against a NIST standards
- Operate one or more vacuum deposition systems including thermal, electron beam, sputtering and or resistance source
- Clean and prepare substrates for loading in to deposition systems
- Demonstrate appropriate clean room etiquette
- Ability to perform routine and preventative maintenance. (Coating Chamber)
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with vacuum-deposited coatings
- Mechanical assembly and disassembly experience - 1-3 years preferred in a manufacturing setting
- Two years of college or vocational/technical training
- Math, science and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to learn and take direction well
- Ability to take good notes and follow standard procedures without deviation
- Interest in process and willingness to ask questions
- Ability to work with hand tools, screwdrivers and X-acto knives
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Filemaker Pro
- Free from allergy to latex, acetone, or methanol alcohol
More information here.