Optical designer at Meopta
Do you want to see your idea work in a product for semicon or military industry?
Do you have knowledge in physics and optics, or are familiar with a software for optical design?
If you enjoy research & development tasks, then join our optical design team in the Czech Republic!
What will be your role?
- Development and design of optical systems (binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes, night vision, digital projectors, wafer inspection modules, lithographic objectives, medical devices etc.)
- Specification of production tolerances
- Communication with the customers or suppliers about technical specifications on global scale, teleconferences, providing technical support during business trips
- Cooperation on grant and other science-research projects
- Collaboration with colleagues and other teams (development of measurement methods, programming, optical and mechanical design etc.)
What are the preferred qualifications?
- University degree in a technical field (optics, applied physics, physical engineering, fine mechanics...), or experience in optical design
- Knowledge of geometrical optics and physics
- Knowledge of optical design software (Zemax, Code V, VirtualLab...)
- Fluent English or Czech language
- Technical mindset, proactive and creative approach, team player skills
What else would be nice to know?
- Numerical methods (Mathematica, Matlab, Python)
- Applied optics and optical measuring methods
- Design of opto-mechanical devices
What do we offer?
- Inspiring work in an international work environment, the opportunity to cooperate with our foreign partners all around the world
- Unusual work with unique technologies in the optical industry, the support of our own development center
- Cooperation with universities and research institutions
- Quarterly and yearly bonuses
- 5th week of extra payed vacation time, flexible working hours
- Ability to work part time during the finishing stage of the studies
- Meal allowance, pension allowance, various discounts (Meopta products, cinema, hobby market, pharmacy, mobile service etc.)
- Support for further education in the field or foreign language, Employee scholarship programs
- The possibility of contribution for commuting or housing expenses
- Support and growth opportunities in a company with more than 2300 employees
- LOCATION: Přerov (Olomouc region), Czech Republic
To send your CV click on "Odpověďět" button and fill out a short questionnaire.
More information: https://meopta.jobs.cz/detail/
Meopta - optika, s.r.o.
750 02 Přerov
Telefon: 739 244 553