Laser Engineer (Junior) at Monocrom S.L.
August, 2022: Come and join our young and innovative R&D department! We are looking for enthusiastic, a self-motivated and auto didact Laser Engineer to join our growing company. Monocrom is a young in spirit laser company, located in the wonderful city of Vilanova i la Geltrú, just outside of Barcelona.
Position reports to: PMO
As an Laser Engineer you would be:
- Part of our R&D department
- Developing and maintaining the latest high-end laser solutions
- Part of a young and enthusiastic group with “Yes, we can” mentality
- Key element in the growth of our company
- This is an entry level position
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Physics, Optics or related scientific/technical area
- At least one year of hands-on experience with assembly, alignment, test, and troubleshooting of lasers, electro-optical systems, and optical setups.
- Familiarity with :
- general laser principles such as diode lasers and DPSS laser technology
- free-space beam propagation and shaping using reflective and refractive elements, acousto-optics, and electro-optics.
- laser Safety
- project management tools
- standard optical tools
- High level of English (professional and communicative)
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the EU