September, 2022: ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our Qioptiq facility in St. Asaph, Denbighshire, United Kingdom specializes in the design, development, manufacture and support of complex optronic modules, systems and products for defense and aerospace applications and markets. This facility holds key positions in sales, marketing, research & development, engineering, manufacturing, coating, customer support and other disciplines.
The St. Asaph facility provides innovative solutions to a global customer base in the areas of infrared, image-intensified, and fused-surveillance and target-acquisition equipment for dismounted, vehicle and naval applications – avionic modules and components – space technology – optronics systems and sub-systems. We are a trusted key supplier to the world’s Primes, Governments, MoDs and DoDs.
We are presently seeking a Graduate Optical Designer that will be responsible for the design of optical systems, from initial concepts through to prototype manufacture and support during volume production. The optical designer will be supported in growing this specialist and rewarding skillset through a combination of internal, external, and on-the-job training.
It is essential that all candidates have the following:
• An education to at least degree level, preferably in Physics /Optical Engineering
• Strong attention to detail and good inter-personal skills
An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• A fundamental knowledge of optical imaging systems
• A passion for optics, science, and engineering, with strong motivation to excel in these fields
• Creative flair to develop original and innovative optical solutions
• Fundamental coding skills to develop customised design and analysis scripts
• The ability to liaise with customers and suppliers on product specifications / performance matters