You'll join, and be mentored by, a team of developers building the next generation of motion control software, targeting high speed and high torque applications, which require nanometer accuracy. You’ll work on products that need to perform real-time motor control while minimizing complexity for end-users.
Zaber manufactures precision motion control equipment for applications in fields such as photonics, biotechnology, aerospace, and semiconductor engineering. For the past 20 years, Zaber has provided powerful motion control solutions for industry and for scientific research.
In this position, you'll work as part of a team to implement and expand the features used to control our actuators and stages. The work is varied, and you can expect to:
- Design and implement features in C++ on an ARM microcontroller (you'll be working on this API).
- Collect requirements from other teams (e.g. Customer Support, Mechanical, and/or Production) and use them to design new features.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Research and deploy tools to manage our workflow.
- Document code and firmware features for developers, internal users, and customers.
- You have experience programming and you are familiar with best development and testing practices.
- You dig deep and seek to understand the fundamental concepts of whichever programming language you're using.
- You are familiar with a low-level language like C or C++ (experience with C++ specifically is a bonus).
- You are excited to write software that makes things move in the real world, and are interested in mechatronics.
- You like problem solving, challenges, and the process of learning - you dive in when you see behaviour you don't think makes sense.
- You are enthusiastic about working on a team.
- You pay attention to details and have thorough testing and documentation practices.
- You are currently enrolled in a degree or diploma program.
Closing date: January 20, 2023
Position start: May 2023
Length of position: 4+ months
To learn more about our company culture, visit our careers page: https://www.zaber.com/careers.