Computer Vision and Machine Learning Research Engineers
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
- drive the development of ZEISS core algorithms that extract information from the diverse data sources present across our complete product portfolio
- take project ideas from academic and idea stages to prototypes
- continuously support technology adoption and integration into our flagship products. This comprises conceptualizing, initiating, prototyping, as well as scaling and instrumenting methods and evaluating their performance
- shape the future of ZEISS. We have just started to scrape the surface of what can be done with the data our products deliver. You will contribute to realizing the prospects of machine learning, modern computer vision and scene under- standing technologies for our customers, as ZEISS continues exploring the data domains of its product portfolio
- build an excellent network with us in both academia and industry that will help ZEISS to leverage the latest technology advancements in order to address tomorrow's challenges
- a M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Computer Science with specialization in Computer Vision (e.g. in Segmentation, Registration, Object Detection & Tracking, Anomaly & Event Detection) and Machine Learning (e.g. in AutoML, Reinforcement Learning or Time Series Analysis) or equivalent practical experience
- a solid understanding of machine learning and statistics (e.g. Random Forests, Deep & Recurrent Neural Networks, CRFs, etc.) and of best practices in feature extraction, dimensionality reduction and model validation
- a strong programming background (Python, C++) and familiarity with toolkits such as OpenCV, ITK, Ten- sorflow, and a working knowledge of software development, and deployment methods. Parallelization skills (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP, etc.) are definitely a plus
- an innovative and decidedly hands-on mindset: you love to work on hard problems and you make solutions work in the real world, too
- the ability to communicate your results, challenges and solution successfully across a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
Join us and shape the future!
The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.