We have one immediate opportunity for an individual interested in science and enjoys continually learning on the job to work in our Coating department. The opportunity is on our 3rd shift (11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. S-T). Join our innovative and collaborative team to work with high tech, high-precision machines to create precision optics. We offer a friendly and fun environment, with the opportunity to grow within the company, in addition to great pay and benefits. LightPath Technologies is conveniently located right off the 408 expressway in the vicinity of the University of Central Florida in Central Florida Research Park.
If this sounds like fun to you, you are seeking to be part of a diverse family that values integrity, respect, and appreciation, enjoy working in a collaborative, and solution-oriented environment, apply now!
Primary job functions are listed below but may change without notice.
- Inspect and package optical elements both before and after deposition process following detailed procedures
- Wash optical elements following automated and manual cleaning procedures
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of ultrasonic cleaning system
- Load optical elements in appropriate tooling and fixtures for the coating process
- Set-up coating chamber, this could include various coating processes including E-beam, IAD, resistance and DLC.
- Operate and maintain vacuum coating chamber to a production schedule for single and multilayer thin film coatings
- Coats standard coating designs and some engineering coating designs according to process instructions with minimal supervision.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of coating machines. This may include cleaning, assembly, disassembly, and bead blasting.
- Orders materials when needed
- Maintain detailed and accurate process records
- Perform metrology of optics such as Spectrometry, and Absorption
- Ability to follow manufacturing procedures and inspection requirements
- Promotes and maintains good housekeeping and safety practices
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills You Need:
- Able to utilize the following computer applications: VISUAL ERP, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and the internet
- Knowledge of 5S, Kanban, and lean manufacturing desired
- Strong sense of confidentiality & ethical conduct
- Frequently required to sit and use hands/fingers to feel, and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional walking, standing, talking, and hearing
- Occasionally required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work with microscope and small parts
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision
- Able to work with moderate noise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Ability to manage time wisely in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Must be a self-motivated independent worker
- Must possess a positive attitude, including the ability to quickly adapt to changes in production requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision insurance available upon hire to eligible employees
- Flexible Spending Account; Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to enroll in optional supplemental insurance policies such as term life, critical illness, accident, death, and dismemberment, short term disability.
- Paid vacation with option to rollover vacation hours and sell hours back to company for payout at full rate.
- Paid sick time
- 10 paid company holidays.
- Discounts on a variety of products and services offered through our co-employer Insperity
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/AA/DFWP
NO CALLS ACCEPTED REGARDING THIS JOB POSTING