CNC Machinist at Inrad Optics
March, 2019: Inrad Optics, a leading producer of custom optics, optical coatings, crystal components, devices and electro-optical systems has an opportunity for a CNC Machinist at its corporate headquarters in Northvale, NJ. This position reports to the Custom Optics Production Manager.
This position is responsible for operating and programming CNC equipment to manufacture close tolerance precision optics parts to exacting specifications.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Program and operate 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC Machine Centers
- Strong knowledge of G code
- Be able to operate CNC Machine Centers using various types of controllers (ex. Haas)
- Develop cutting and milling programs for various types of raw materials
- Develop and execute cutting and milling programs to meet company production and proficiency standards
- Run at least two machining centers at a time
- Conduct inspection of components being machined to ensure conformity to quality requirements
- Use standard measuring devices as needed (calipers, micrometers, height gages, dial indicators, optical comparators etc.
- Knowledge of reading blueprints
- Perform machine maintenance as required
- Follow instructions/directions to maintain quality standards
- Work and effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Responsible for keeping work area safe, productive and clean
- Flexible, detail-oriented, great hand dexterity and reliable
The successful candidate must be a high school graduate or equivalent, ideally with relevant trade school or apprentice training. Knowledge of geometry and trigonometry is a plus. Minimum 3 years prior experience in machining and or machine operation in a manufacturing environment preferred. Strong mechanical inspection skills along with Geometric Dimension & Tolerance knowledge strongly desired.
Relevant experience includes:
- Ability to read and interpret complex blue prints and work instructions.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to set up and trouble shoot equipment
- Experience in the use of calipers, micrometers, and other machine shop measuring tools.
- Proven hand-eye coordination techniques.
This is a challenging position with a unique opportunity for rewarding professional growth. In addition to a competitive salary, our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation and Company matched 401K. Come Join our Team and grow!