November, 2017: ABOUT MATERION: Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN) is one of the world’s premier high performance advanced materials companies, dedicated to providing solutions that enable our customers’ technologies and drive their growth. Materion Electrofusion, located in Fremont California,focuses on beryllium X-ray window and ultra high vacuum (UHV) products that have been an integral part of our business since the 1970s. The unit also offers electron beam (EB) welding, vacuum furnace brazing and waterjet cutting services, as well as engineering support to help our customers take advantage of these processes.
We offer competitive salary, incentive bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, a competitive retirement plan, comprehensive health care and dental coverage and advancement opportunities once hired as a regular employee.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to Quality Manager, the Inspection Supevisor supervise the quality control inspection activities for assuring product and process compliance. Oversee the evaluation and qualification of deliverable materials and products to assure customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule all inspection activities and assure timely completions of each operation.
- Develop / maintain proficiency in the utilization of all Materion Electrofusion measurement and test equipment as required to inspect product conformity to drawing and specification requirements.
- Program, operate, and train others on the use of CMM and Vision System.
- Highly knowledgeable in geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing techniques in accordance with industrial standards.
- Utilize various Quality Control Tools where possible that would offer techniques for product / process analysis and improvement.
- Maintain designated inspection measurement and test equipment in accordance with standard calibration requirement.
- Interfaces with other department personnel on progress of assigned tasks.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the training of personnel in inspection processes and duties.
- Conduct performance reviews of those employees that are direct reports.
- Working with engineering, design and/or make recommendations for inspection fixturing.
- Provide recommendations of inspection and test equipment needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Familiar with and capable of utilizing standard mechanical measurement and test equipment.
- Skilled in math including geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledgeable in common quality system practices and procedures.
- Experience working in ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485, or ISO/TS 16949 certified manufacturing facility.
- Capable of utilizing a personal computer, and familiar with typical word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- 5 years experience programming CMM and/or multisensory measurement equipment – Mitutoyo and OGP preferred